Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#2 Where's it come from


      The article written by Douglas Rushkoff called "They Say" is a great piece. From the very beginning he does a very good Job of keeping you hooked and entertained  on the writing. I was very hooked and entertained on where he was going with the piece from the start.


      The first few paragraphs of the article really made me think deep about what the author was talking about because if you think about it long enough you make yourself think about the exact question that he was asking and you begin to wonder the same thing. "They say human beings use only ten percent of their brains. They say polyunsaturated fat is better for you than saturated fat. They say that tiny squiggles in a rock prove there once was life on Mars. They say our children's test scores are declining." (Rushkoff, Douglas) I sat and thought about it for some time because it really interested me into finding out who "THEY" really are. After thinking about it I came up with a few different answers for myself.  When I say "They Say" I am generally talking about the people that have given me the information on that of which we are speaking about or possibly my parents or wherever I got the information from previously. I'm sure that you could come up with many more answers but those are ones that I so happen to stumble upon.


        While reading the source I read across some very intriguing information about our Identifications being stolen and us never know about it until we found out how easy it was to get our personal information taken and then sold without us even having the slightest clue. In my belief it was a good and bad thing because if anything it also helped us figure this information out before got to late and it was to serious to stop. It was a smack in the face to our generation about how weak their software really was so it meant that they had to get bigger and better and stop them while they could. They had to get the most advanced Anti-Virus software out so that we would be protected and our identity's would remain ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment